Saturday, July 5, 2008

Boogie Bogging among the Blogs

Most people, perhaps, would think of a blog as a digital space for the display of noble and mundane thoughts for bored people to read. Others might view it as a launching pad for discussion, or would simply use it as a place to list their Top 10 favorite BBQ Sauces. But little do they know about the Blogs of Wicklow Co., Ireland. Smelly, hairy creatures, who lurk in the the mossy ivy-shrouded forests. Forests that are hedged in by thick scraggly vines and prickly plants that draw blood to the careless explorer. It is here in the forest, near swampy waters filled with lethal looking eels and ill-looking frogs, that the Blogs live. Not many people have ever seen the Blogs, because they only come out at night... and they have red eyes... and sharp teeth... and they like to feed on [insert shrill scream in the background]... popcorn. Blogs love popcorn! And they have horrible episodes of insomnia which makes it difficult for them to sleep. Thus, the red eyes! If you would like to help the Blogs battle their insomniac tendencies, and assist the medical world in finding a cure, please post your check to...
I'll stop there. :0)
Just had to write something random for my first post.

8 comments:

Born Again said...

This is SO classic Heather!

Man have I missed some of these creations!

Unknown said...

That is one of the best first posts I have seen. You didn't write the typical. "Well, my friends all told me to so I guess I will start a blog." (I think I did this)

Stephen and Gracie said...

Yay!!! It'll be fun to get updates and pictures!

You should start writing story books for Phinn, Gigi and Clara! :-)

Gracie

Amy Glendinning said...

Creeeepy... *shivers* :D yayy!

jenny k said...

yay! you started a blog...and in heather fasion, even better!!

In the Mix said...

Finally you have a blog. Bring forth the entertainment. I agree with Gracie, these nieces and nephew of your need some literature from your mind.

tsbjf said...

I heard from Eden that this was one of the best first posts ever, and I have to admit, it is pretty good! I love random.

Unknown said...

You need to be published!!!! God gave you a gift for writing.