Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mmm bueno… Blue Bear is my favorite!

I am about to reveal something shocking (and perhaps EVEN terrifying) about my current living situation. I was opening the freezer drawer to retrieve a can of juice, when… I CAME ACROSS THIS!!!!



I know. That is exactly what I thought! It is not every day you find a frozen bear head in the freezer with the hair still on it, and the eyes and everything in tact! I don’t want you to think we are barbarians, however. There are still some indigenous tribes in the mountains of South America who routinely eat Blue Bear- it's just not commonly found in the United States. I have been flipping through the recipe books, and there is not even one recipe written for Blue Bear head that I could find. I was rather diligent in looking too, perusing many categories such as soups, casseroles, and even pies. My thoughts are, though, with a little hot sauce and some garlic it could turn out okay. If you have ever had this delicacy before, let me know. I am open to new ideas and recipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that one time and you thought it was chicken?

Hammy said...

Yeah mom, you really pulled it over on us that time... *nervous giggle*

This raises more questions in my mind. What did it really mean when you were teaching me how to cook that you liked to "substitute things in"?

Anonymous said...

How about making some blue beary pie hehehe.